1800 059 170


Do I have to have a formal trade qualification to complete the AC course?

Participants must be trade qualified or have worked as a trades assistant for at least 12 months, or in their second year of an apprenticeship to meet the requirements of the training package. You must provide copies of your trade certificate and/or statement of attainment (results). If you don’t have these available we can suggest some other ways to provide evidence of competency. You will have to complete some forms for the Recognition of Prior Learning process. These will be provided during the course.

What happens if I can’t attend? Do I get a refund?

Look at the cancellation policy in course information, but generally, we offer a partial refund depending on notice or a credit for another course at a later date.

Can I do the course without a Trainee License from the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC)?

No. ARC require all participants to have this license. On enrolment, you must supply us with a passport sized photo endorsed on the back (see the ARC form). We pay the $20 fee.

When do I have to pay for the course?

We require a $1000 payment on enrolment (either through our website or credit card details over the phone). This locks in your place. If this hasn’t been paid within 1 week of receiving the enrollment information we may give your place to another applicant. The balance of $980 must be paid on the first day of the course, Eftpos facilities are available.

When do I get my qualification?

For all courses within 4 weeks of completing the course. It will either be given to you at the end of the course or posted out. For the AC course, an additional copy of your results is enclosed to send with your application to ARC for a Refrigerant Handling Licence.

Is the Split System qualification all I need to install split system Air Conditioners?

This is all the ARC require but you might need to check with state licensing authorities to confirm that they do not have additional requirements. NSW Office of Fair Trading and the VIC Plumbers and Gasfitters Licensing Board have additional requirements.

Are refreshments provided?

Tea, coffee and biscuits are available. Generally, we provide lunch unless you are informed otherwise. Any particular dietary requirements are catered for.