The Certificate II in Engineering – Split Systems offered by Skillbuild Training provides training and assessment in a course designed to meet the legislative requirements to obtain a Refrigerant Handling Licence. We will be incorporating the training required for the new Split System refrigerant, R32. The course is delivered in group training facilities in classroom and workshop/on site environments where theory and practical components are combined to meet the requirements of the units of competency. The course length is two days. The course offered by Skillbuild is designed for people already working in the electrical, plumbing and/or building and construction industries. (See entry requirements below).
Outcomes and career pathways
Upon completion you will be able to apply for a Refrigerant Handling Licence. This qualification will allow you to apply for a licence restricted to Split System Air Conditioning Installation and Decommissioning which enables you to legally handle a refrigerant for the installation and decommissioning of single head split systems of less than 18kWr (Cooling capacity).
This is not a generalist Engineering course and all Pre-Requisites are outlined below. The course is designed for people already employed in the electrical, plumbing and/or building & construction industry. The course units on offer are those specified by the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC ) which will let you apply for a Restricted Split System Air Conditioning Refrigerant Handling Licence if you successfully achieve the required competencies in those units.
- Relevant Trade Qualification or Apprenticeship Employment
- Enrolling students need to either:
- hold a trade ticket in the Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing or Building; Construction trade or,
- be in third year and above in an apprenticeship in those trades or,
- have installed air-conditioning units for a minimum period of two years which can be verified
- ARCTICK Trainee Licence
- All students will need a Trainee Licence (Classroom Only) which must be obtained prior to attending the course. We organise and pay for this once we have received the paperwork and photo from you
- The Australian Refrigeration Council requires that Trainee Licence Applications need to be accompanied by the following:
- A passport sized photo which needs to be certified
- Proof of enrolment – we will have this
- Under ARC regulations training cannot begin until the licence is sighted by your trainer
Course Cost (no GST) – $1480